Statement of Faith – Cumberland Presbyterian Chinese Church
1. We believe in one living God, maker of heaven and earth. He is triune and eternal, existing as three persons in one: God the Father, God the Son and God the Holy Spirit.
2. We believe the Bible is the inspired and infallible Word of God, without error in the original manuscript. We believe the Bible is the authority for faith and practice.
3. We believe in Jesus Christ, God’s only Son, born of the Virgin Mary, who was pregnant by the power of the Holy Spirit. He lived a sinless life. He was crucified, dead and buried. His blood was the atonement on the cross for our sins. On the third day, he resurrected from the dead. He ascended into heaven and is on the right hand of God the Father in power and glory.
4. We believe in the salvation of lost and sinful man and woman, and salvation is guaranteed by the power of the Holy Spirit.
5. We believe in the indwelling ministry of the Holy Spirit, which enables a Christian to live a holy life.
6. We believe in the resurrection of body at the time of the Second Coming. At the resurrection of the dead, those who profess faith in Jesus Christ will live in the presence of God forever. Those who do not profess faith in Jesus Christ will be lost in sin and bondage, which is hell. At the coming of Jesus Christ, the kingdom of the world shall become the Kingdom of the Lord and of Christ, and he shall reign forever and forever.
7. We believe in the ministry of the holy Christian Church and in the spiritual communion of all believers.